Peter is correct that, on Friday, May 25th, 2007, we released the starter kit. The starter kit gives a head start to organizations developing information web sites for small to medium sized organizations. For more information, please read the product description.
I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly thank and congratulate the following people:
- Michael Seifert - Sitecore CEO: For his clear vision of what the starter kit should and should not be.
- Alexander Tsvirchkov - Sitecore Developer: For contributing to the development of the Side Menu XSLT renderings (both tree style and slide out DHTML).
- Kim Hornung - Sitecore Solution Architect: For his help in troubleshooting the site's CSS styles and discussing architectural design issues.
- Lars Nielsen - Sitecore Solution Architect: For his laser-like ability to find potential deficiencies and offer simple solutions when reviewing early versions of the site.
- Nataly Kushka - Freelance Designer: For her help on the site design.
- and Dmitry Vasilinenko and the Sitecore Release team: For patiently building and rebuilding the installation wizard for the starter kit as needed to meet the release date.
I'll be posting more about the starter kit in the coming weeks and months, but please don't wait for what I have to say.
Download it, try it, review it, use it, and let us know how we can improve it to make it more useful for you and you customers.